How did WATERDOWN’s Summer 2018 real estate market perform?
The above infographic compares to the same month for this and previous years. It’s a snap shot but doesn’t tell the whole story! For a better understanding, look at data plotted below. (Or just contact me and we can chat about it!)
- The top plots are for fully detached homes, with average sale price on the left plot and the number of units sold on the right.
- The plots on the bottom show the performance of all other residential or “non-detached” properties.
Fully Detached Homes
- Average Price Waterdown, you’re beautiful, you’re a great place to live, you’re “Hamilton” but let’s face it, you’re really so closely linked to what Burlington is doing! So as a result, I capture adjacent Burlington areas and also plot them as a comparison. What do we see? A close tracking of Burlington detached values in the adjacent areas. Burlington’s a good solid performer, so Waterdown is following that trend in Detached Homes, as a great place to live! It’s worth looking at my Burlington Stats to get a bigger picture on Detached Homes.
- Number of Sales The market slowed for Detached Homes a fair bit more than Burlington but I expect this will pick right back up as the market recovers from last years crazy! If you’re looking for detached, it’s a great time to buy in Waterdown!
Non-Detached Homes (Semi, Towns, Condo Apartments)
- Average Price Wow Waterdown!!! With little in the way of Non-Detached new builds in adjacent Burlington, Waterdown continues to grow this market. As a result, the newer builds that dominate this area of the market, pull a greater average dollar value than the much older non-detached properties right next door in Burlington.
- Number of Sales As the quantity of homes in this market increases, we can see the sales numbers settling in as well, with predictable market activity.
The Market in Waterdown continues to be a solid performer… Townhomes are very popular and most are more modern than areas adjacent in Burlington, so a great place to buy if you’re looking at this kind of home! Detached are also newer on average, and who doesn’t love downtown Waterdown with it’s character and businesses?
As always, this varies between specific areas and types of property, so if you really want to know what’s going on in your area, please contact me!
UNDERSTAND YOUR HOME’S VALUE
Knowing the actual value of your home in a quick moving market is not always easy…
- What were the factual sale prices of properties similar to yours?
- How do various differences impact the value?
- What is the market doing to your neighbourhood’s value?
It’s what we do, use our resources and experience to get detailed answers related to your home specifically. Please fill in the questions below to receive a detailed evaluation of your property. I do this personally for you using my knowledge and experience combined with factual data from your neighbourhood.
Or if you prefer, call me directly at 905-827-6606! I’d be delighted to hear from you….
Thank you for taking the time to complete this questionnaire. I will contact you ASAP!
James is a proud to be associated with the following…
What do other Realtors think of my stats? You wouldn’t believe it, many of them use them to get a feel for what the market is doing! What a great compliment!