How did HAMILTON’s May 2018 real estate market perform?
The above infographic compares to the same month for this and previous years. It’s a snap shot but doesn’t tell the whole story! For a better understanding, look at data plotted below. The top plots are for fully detached homes, with average sale price on the left plot and the number of units sold on the right.
The plots on the bottom show the performance of all other residential or “non-detached” properties.
Fully Detached Homes
- Average Price increased a bit compared to last month. While it’s still down a bit from 2017, it is still performing well against previous years.
- Number of Sales has dropped significantly over previous years, but we’re still seeing growth in sales, which is great!
Non-Detached Homes (Semi, Towns, Condo Apartments)
- Average Price dipped a bit compared to last month, but is performing well against previous years!
- Number of Sales started extremely well, but has slowed a bit, compared to previous years
While the Market in Hamilton has slowed, the prices are still holding well compared to previous years, so we still have a healthy and more balance market.
As always, this varies between specific areas and types of property, so if you really want to know what’s going on in your area, please contact me!
UNDERSTAND YOUR HOME’S VALUE
Knowing the actual value of your home in a quick moving market is not always easy…
- What were the factual sale prices of properties similar to yours?
- How do various differences impact the value?
- What is the market doing to your neighbourhood’s value?
It’s what we do, use our resources and experience to get detailed answers related to your home specifically. Please fill in the questions below to receive a detailed evaluation of your property. I do this personally for you using my knowledge and experience combined with factual data from your neighbourhood.
Or if you prefer, call me directly at 905-827-6606! I’d be delighted to hear from you….
Thank you for taking the time to complete this questionnaire. I will contact you ASAP!
James is a proud to be associated with the following…