How did WATERDOWN’s September 2018 real estate market perform?
The above infographic compares to the same month for this and previous years. It’s a snap shot but doesn’t tell the whole story! For a better understanding, look at data plotted below.
- The top plots are for fully detached homes, with average sale price on the left plot and the number of units sold on the right.
- The plots on the bottom show the performance of all other residential or “non-detached” properties.
Fully Detached Homes
- Average Price… While other areas are correcting, pricing in Waterdown for detached homes seems to be holding up… That said…
- Number of Sales is definitely down, so it’s taking longer to sell homes but buyers are still going for the homes that have good value. This a reflection of what’s happening in neighbouring areas of Burlington as seen by the grey dashed plot on the average price plot.
Non-Detached Homes (Semi, Towns, Condo Apartments)
- Average Price is doing well and much better than other areas for non-detached homes. Waterdown is definitely desirable for these, especially since there’s so much in fairly new builds compared to adjacent areas of Burlington which has not performed as well with it’s older townhomes and semis.
- Number of Sales is also healthy, Waterdown is a great place to sell if you have a townhome! Expect the spring market of 2019 to pick up a bit from this!
The Market in Waterdown is generally doing well compared to other areas, not much value has changed since 2017 and it’s held up over previous years. Great place to invest for stable growth in the future.
As always, this varies between specific areas and types of property, so if you really want to know what’s going on in your area, please contact me!
UNDERSTAND YOUR HOME’S VALUE
Knowing the actual value of your home in a quick moving market is not always easy…
- What were the factual sale prices of properties similar to yours?
- How do various differences impact the value?
- What is the market doing to your neighbourhood’s value?
It’s what we do, use our resources and experience to get detailed answers related to your home specifically. Please fill in the questions below to receive a detailed evaluation of your property. I do this personally for you using my knowledge and experience combined with factual data from your neighbourhood.
Or if you prefer, call me directly at 905-827-6606! I’d be delighted to hear from you….
Thank you for taking the time to complete this questionnaire. I will contact you ASAP!
James is a proud to be associated with the following…